Hello.

More
06 Apr 2015 18:31 #72092 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.
weird

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 12:16 #72101 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.

Imperial wrote: weird

So very helpful xD
All right, more problems! Because who doesn't love those?
For whatever reason, a new hero doesn't spawn. I have it all set up that the hero shall spawn at the start of the game, using triggers and whatnot, but he doesn't spawn. I can set it to spawn the hero by using <Starting_Forces> etc </Starting_Forces> but, shouldn't it work with triggers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 12:45 #72102 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.

All right, more problems! Because who doesn't love those?

:=D

For whatever reason, a new hero doesn't spawn. I have it all set up that the hero shall spawn at the start of the game, using triggers and whatnot, but he doesn't spawn.

You maybe set up your story script wrong (did the script do anything so you know it is active and loaded ?), or your event chain is broken somewhere. What event is supposed to spawn your hero, is it UNIQUE_UNIT ?
Paste some of your code here so I can have a look at it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 14:04 #72108 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.

Imperial wrote:

All right, more problems! Because who doesn't love those?

:=D

For whatever reason, a new hero doesn't spawn. I have it all set up that the hero shall spawn at the start of the game, using triggers and whatnot, but he doesn't spawn.

You maybe set up your story script wrong (did the script do anything so you know it is active and loaded ?), or your event chain is broken somewhere. What event is supposed to spawn your hero, is it UNIQUE_UNIT ?
Paste some of your code here so I can have a look at it.

pastebin.com/VNX5Scep
pastebin.com/g0tyt3ST
I've tried it with Cody as the first thing to spawn in Republic_AI_Hereos_01, but it doesn't work either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 15:47 #72112 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.
Yeah SPAWN_HERO neither worked for me, try UNIQUE_UNIT instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 16:00 #72114 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.

Imperial wrote: Yeah SPAWN_HERO neither worked for me, try UNIQUE_UNIT instead.

Well that worked. Now, if only I could figure out why he didn't move in a land battle....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 16:17 #72115 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.
Maybe your hero spawned into the orbit of a planet, but was not deployed there. You have to whether start tactical battles using Link_Tactical or spawn the hero on a nearby planet and move his fleet (using a move event) towards a enemy planet (which will trigger a normal space battle).

But I dont know how to deploy heroes on a planet via story script.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 16:42 #72116 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.

Imperial wrote: Maybe your hero spawned into the orbit of a planet, but was not deployed there. You have to whether start tactical battles using Link_Tactical or spawn the hero on a nearby planet and move his fleet (using a move event) towards a enemy planet (which will trigger a normal space battle).

But I dont know how to deploy heroes on a planet via story script.

Doubtful, since I essentially did a sneak attack with a single defiler. There isn't any ground units scripted at his location. If it is just that, that'd be nice, but it probably isn't. Oh well, probably something to do with the AI. Oh joy :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 17:08 #72117 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.

only I could figure out why he didn't move in a land battle....

Oh, sorry interpretation mistake.
You meant why he didnt moved on the ground at all, I understood why he didnt moved into a battle ^^

Sounds like inactive AI or neutral/friendly fraction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2015 09:16 #72119 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.
You know that screen, that's just a black screen that says "Loading..." in the bottom left corner? You wouldn't happen to know which file it is, would you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds