2. Questions about Stargate Empire at War - The Pegasus Chronicles ("TPC")
2.1. What is TPC?
"Stargate - Empire at War: Pegasus Chronicles" is a total conversion of the popular "Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption".
All currently available factions will be replaced by other factions of the Stargate-universe.
The mod encompasses:
- 3 playable species: The Tau'ri, the Goa'uld and for the first time the Wraith
- Lots of other, independent species like the Replicators, the Asurans, the Aschen and many more
- Countless new ships and planets
- New and completely reworked sounds, animations and effects
- Numerous new and unique multiplayer maps, including a new wave mode
- Completely reworked AI
2.2. What are the system requirements of TPC?
The requirements for TPC are slightly higher than the ones from Forces of Corruption (which can be found here).
Because of the high number of extensive models and effects there can be a loss of performance but if Forces of Corruption runs fluently you should be able to run TPC fine - even though you might need to reduce your graphic settings.
2.3. Can I play "The Pegasus Chronicles" without the add-on "Forces of Corruption"?
No, the add-on is obligatory.
2.4. In what languages will TPC be available in?
The mod is available in English and German which affects texts and audio output. You can choose your preferred language during the setup.
There are some (incomplete) translations of other languages available but this is text only (no sound).
2.5. Where can I find more information about TPC?
The most important contact point is this forum: http://www.stargate-eaw.de/.
But you can also find us on:
2.6. I have a great suggestion for you!
Then the "Mod Information and Discussion" forum is the right place to post.
2.7. Who created TPC?
You can find the team currently working on TPC here.
A big "thank you" to our former members, supporters and everyone who deserves praise:
AC-Suchti (Coder), Attractor (Effects), christ (Beta Tester), Colnol Emerson (Level Design), Colonel Steven Caldwell (Beta Tester), Commander Cody (Event Scripter), Cuntar (Coder), Cratch (3D Artist), Daniel Jackson (Sound Designer), Dave 93 (First Launcher Version), Duke auf Dune (3D Artist), Genesis (Level Design), Hermiod (Sound Artist), Hok'ta (Coder), Hugussi (Event Coder, Scripter, Event Texter), icer (Beta Tester), John Bello (2D Artist), Kane (2D Artist), Larkis (3D/2D Artist), maroon83 (Translator) , MerlinGalgotta (Project Lead, 2D/3D Artist), Nostrum (Coder), ONeillJack (Coder), Orlin (Coder), pifroggi (Video Design), prshakrey (3D Artist), Rex (Coder), Selmak (Texter), Spinobreaker (Beta Tester), Sylar (GFX Designer), Thor (Sound Design), wolf 2.0 (3D Artist), xenon82 (Website), ZionandGaz (Beta Tester)
Special thanks go out to:
- Dave 975 and Dkealt for providing a series of source models and textures we're still using
- xxdabtxx for providing the source model of the ZPM Hive
- Jeff for providing the planet texture-pack
- Capt. Ford, Captain Elgy and Dr_McCoy1701A for providing the background fog and the star fields
- The Celestia Motherlode for providing planet and nebulae textures
- Sidious Invader for providing the Twin Moons skydome which we've modified
- IG11 for providing his prop pack
- CCP for providing the asteroids from EVE
- Yuuzhan Vong at War Modding Group for providing nebulae and planet textures
- $leeper for his Eagle 5- model
- Rommel2K, the founder of the Stargate mod for EaW
- Once again our beta testers which where of great help
Finally, we want to thank all those who weren't explicitly mentioned here, but who were nevertheless aiding this project's realization in some way or another.
2.8. I'd like to use parts of your mod.
Stargate and all other copyright material is property of MGM or their respective owners.
"Stargate: Empire at war - The Pegasus Chronicles" is a non-commercial modification of "Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption" and does not make use of any other content other than the one of the "Stargate Modding Group"(SGMG).
A commercial background does not exist.
The material used in this mod MUST NEITHER BE REIMPORTED, nor REDEVELOPED, nor USED IN ANY OTHER WAY. The rights concerning models, textures, designs and other material are subject to the regulations of their respective owners or creators.
THIS MOD IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
Neither LucasArts nor the SGMG assume liability or responsibility for eventual damage.
If you want to use parts of our mod contact contact any staff member via pm.
2.9. When will the full mod be released?
TPC was released on December 16th, 2012 as Space Skirmish Only version.
The mod is being developed constantly and updated via the modlauncher. Over time new content will become available.
We cannot give you any estimated date or even rough approximation when the GC and the ground part will be done.
We are not being paid for this, we are doing this in our free time. Please be patient - any news regarding release dates will be posted in the news section here and on Moddb.